Tuesday, January 1, 2013

To The One I Love


To The One I Love,

I love you. I always have. Probaly always will. When I think of how beautiful you are, how much you mean to people, I can't help but believe you're a gift from above. For those of us who love you, you've always loved us back. You've taught us and brought us closer to God.
I still remember when we met. People talk about love at first sight. Well, this was love at first write.
Where would I be-who would I be?-if I hadn't fallen in love with you? You gave me a sense of self and a voice for speaking it. You gave me a chance to express all that I am: the flaws, the fears, the fuck ups, the creativity, the greatness, the discovery.
Listen, I know you have grown, and everything you do is not going to please me. It shouldn't, because you're not only mine to keep. I'm not going to front: I've never been good at sharing. But I know you're something that must be shared. I don't know what all you were sent to do; only you know that. But I do know you are a voice for the voiceless, hope for the hopeless, life for the lifeless. I'm so in love with you poetry. Never leave me because I will never leave you!

No comments:

Post a Comment