Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Save Yourself!


You can't change anyone.  You can't save them from themselves.  In the end, the best thing you can do is save yourself.

Have you ever said I gave him my all?  I did everything!  Some men have that "I can fix it" mentality and we apply that to people.  The signs were there in the beginning and the proof definitely lied in the pudding but we felt like we could fix this.  I've heard many stories like this and even told of a few myself. 

I love him and I don't want to walk away from him.  Who can't respect that?  However, there's a major difference in between staying in something that is good for you and something that is not.  I've learned you can't make a grown man do anything he doesn't want to do.  And I'm sure you said if I do this, then maybe he will start to do that.  You may have also said you would lead by example and hope he follows accordingly.  Yet that's not what happens.

That's when the draining begins.  This is when you become exhausted, frustrated and lost.  It's at these tender moments that its so easy to lose sight of you and solely focus on him and making it work.  The worst pain is when someone walks away and you're standing there feeling empty because you gave them all you had.  You invested 100% into them and this relationship.

It's been said time and time again you can't help someone who doesn't help themselves.  This is very true.  A healthy relationship requires two active participants with a common goal.  Some people are simply toxic for you and maybe they don't mena to be.  Don't forget you! 

It's not always the easiest thing to do when you want this relationship so bad.  When you see the potential.  however, you don't live off potential, you live off actuality.  Don't lose yourself, save yourself!

1 comment: