Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Soundtrack to my 2011


What was the best way to sum up my 2011 I thought to myself. Should I write a poem, a blog, or an article? What could tell a story? The emotions I felt, my highs and lows, fears and concerns, how could I communicate this? A soundtrack!

Download this soundtrack HERE

1.Beyonce - End of Time: I met him and I wanted to love. I was more than willing to love wholely, not just parts of him but all of him. I just wanted to be with him. I wanted to love him until the end of time.

2.Adele - One and Only: He was hurt but I offered my love, I challenged him to allow me to be his one and only. I know its not easy giving up your heart. I tried to make him feel comfortable to do so.

3.Toni Braxton - Why You Won't Love Me: After months of trying to have this certain type of love I envisioned for us, it wasn't given. I didn't understand. We had a connection, a unique connection. I begin to do a self inventory check to try to understand am I hendering him from loving me the way I need to be loved.

4.Drake - Karoake: Having love and chasing dreams can sometimes not work hand and hand. People live for the exclusivity of a person. What if my dream was to heal the world and I shared me with the world, he felt like we had nothing special because so many people had me in a sense. Sometimes the spotlight can be scary for the one you love.

5.Frank Ocean - There Will Be Tears: I begin to realize I couldn't be with him. Yet I thought I could still dream of what we could have and maybe things would change. That was only a good idea but not reality. There were tears. How do you let go of what you want to hold on too.

6.Keri Hilson - Beautiful Mistake: I truly followed my heart and I fell in love yet we gave it a go and it blew out of control. Sometimes I often wish we never crossed certain lines. However it is what it is!

7.Lil Wayne feat. T-Pain - How to Hate: Ever gave all of you, stayed in the fight, exerted all patience possible to only end up with nothing but their butt to kiss. So much for being the perfect couple!

8.Kanye West & Malik Yusef feat. Jennifer Hudson - Too Knight: After the love, life seem to be pretty dark. Its amazing what comes from the night, maybe a knight. I met one.

9.Shanell - Save Me: I felt like love had stabbed me in my back. I was dying from everything I believed in, he saved me.

10.Nicole Wray - Lost: At this point I had no sense of direction with the knight that had appeared in my life. One thing was certain for me I didn't mind being lost with him as long as something real could have been found.

11.RichGirl - For You: For his love I was commited to being there. I mean he saved me, it felt only right to shower him with something that I felt he could appreciate which was my love.

12.Chris Brown - Yesterday: One day something happened! It kept happening! Where we growing apart, NOOOOOO!!! How could this be I was once on a high, now I feel like its my funeral. The love is one :-(

13.Terrius Nash - Wake Me When Its Over: I felt embarrassed emotionally. I was proud of my knight. I told the world about my knight. Now we are no longer an item. This all had to be a bad dream.

14.Rihanna - Cold Case Love: The crime was "broken hearts" not from just me but from the both of them as well. The first guy says I was never suppose to be there. Did I break in his heart and push him to a place he just couldnt be. I killed his comfort zone and in turn he broke my heart. My knight knew he saved me but wasn't sure if I was really free from the first. He investigated my love and offended my heart. He didn't know enough. The silence of situations drove him to unthinkable places. The song says the truth is there all alone how did you miss it.

15.Keyshia Cole - Sometimes: How can one not reflect on everything and take a look in the mirror. I needed to know what was my part. What did they see and didn't see.

16.Jhene Aiko - You vs Them: If they could have it their way, they would probaly silence me, my story. I owe it to the world. Everything I go through isn't about me its about a nation of people that will bleed in the same place that i bled, the people that will feel the same pain as I did. I am here to help those people. For the love of them I would have had to choose my assignment or their love. At the end of the day that was a war I wasn't going to fight. He said I belong to you but I belong to them (the people who need me). How can I win?

No comments:

Post a Comment